Monday, May 17, 2010

New Visitor Guide

Thank you and welcome!

I am honored that you visit my blog, even for one time, as there are hundreds if not thousands financial blogs in the internet nowadays.

To save you time, here is the short summary of my blog.

At the beginning I tried to do too many things at once in my blog, then with helpful suggestions of some readers, this blog is slowly finding its own identity:

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple, SMART.

I have been observing and studying the market for over a decade now. It is my belief that the market is governed by 3 laws. I also understand the human emotions: hope and fear. The problem is that we hope when we should fear, we fear when we should hope.

I believe the “desire to be right” and “looking for certainty” are two deadly sins in trading. Like others, I searched for “Holy Grail” formula in trading in the past. Now I know that position sizing or money management is really a holy grail. While the exact sequence of winners and losers cannot be predicted, the concept of probability and odds can be very help. To be successful in anything, you have to have an EDGE.


Over the time, I developed 3 kinds of tools to help me to navigate the market

(1) Market direction (such as Bulls vs Bears Scoring system). I publish daily bulls vs bears plot like this one in my blog. The plot for last year is here.

(2) DiamondWise charts, or “Charts with auto-drawn trend lines”. To be unbiased and rational, I want the computer to draw trend lines for me, so that I can make unbiased decision. I publish a few diamondwise charts in my blog daily.

(3) Sorting and Ranking Tool. I publish weekly rankings of ETFs and Industry Groups. The idea is to filter out bad stocks and associate myself with winners. I believe this is an easier way to become a better trader.

My notes are in a quick and dirty style. I don’t care much English grammar and styles. I may polish my notes in later day.

Thanks again for your time and support.

Good lucks in your trading.
blog comments powered by Disqus

My Favorite Books