Monday, May 17, 2010

Bulls vs. Bears and Market Summary on 17-MAY-2010





Short Term Bulls vs. Bears Scoring System

Short-term buy signal: Bulls>Bears and Bulls>=25; Sell signal: Bears>Bulls and Bears>=25Signal History
Comments: One way to win a game in sports is to prevent your opponent to gain more points, but you have to gain points by doing some offense. The bulls did some defense today. Let's see if the bulls have any offensive game in the next few days. I am not going long here, just saying today's price action is a positive step for the bulls. The bears are still under control. I am waiting for the buy signal.

I also include the NASDAQ100 system in the above picture. Over the weekend, the responses to the Bulls vs Bears Excel-based Tool exceed my expectation. The Excel Tool allows you setup your own list to track the bulls and bears scores. 

Over the time, I developed 3 kinds of tools to help me to navigate the market


(1) Market direction tool (such as Bulls vs Bears Scoring system).

(2) DiamondWise charts, or “Charts with auto-drawn trend lines”. To be unbiased and rational, I want the computer to draw trend lines for me, so that I can make unbiased decision. Regular readers know the diamondwise charts I publish everday.
(3) Sorting and Ranking Tool. I publish weekly rankings of ETFs and Industry Groups. The idea is to filter out bad stocks and associate myself with winners. I believe this is an easier way to become a better trader.

You have inspired me. I will try my best to make the (2) and (3) available in Excel as soon as I can.
Thank you.

Summary of S&P 500 Stocks Daily Price Change Behavior Model 5/17/2010
Type of Daily Move# of StocksPercent of all stocksAvg MoveSymbols of the Moves
UP over 2 STD30.63.18Click here to show stocks
UP between 1 to 2 STD346.811.25Click here to show stocks
UP between 0 to 1 STD27855.710.36
DOWN between 0 to 1 STD16633.27-0.31
DOWN between 1 to 2 STD173.41-1.16Click here to show stocks
DOWN over 2 STD10.2-2.26Click here to show stocks
Total # of UP Moves31563.130.48
Total # of DOWN Moves18436.87-0.4
Total4991000.16
Note: great finish today for the bulls, they push 315 stocks up.




How to read this table
Intermediate Term Market Mode
Comments:
Long Term ZigZag View of SPY

Comments: Like I said, the bulls need push the SPY back into the diamond to scare the bears.
blog comments powered by Disqus

My Favorite Books